I've been asked to write a memory testing tool for the Next (Hi!@schombi... ).
Now I've got several ideas to be evaluated by people knowing about ZX Spectrum Next Basic's new features.
My idea how the algorithm should work:
- clear all free memory banks
- check (randomly) if the memory cells are zero
- copy the ROM (Bank 0) to all free RAM banks
- compare the whole bank being copied with the ROM
- additional option: check (randomly) if a string taken from any bank has the same content as the ROM
I'd like to use the commands LOAD/SAVE/VERIFY..BANK.. and maybe POKE/PEEK to do this.
At the moment the result looks somehow like this:
Any suggestions if this should work?
THNX 4 info...
This is where most of us started. Classic Spectrum basic.
Moderator: Programming Moderators
1 post • Page 1 of 1