Hello from Software Projects

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
Hal

Hello from Software Projects

Postby Hal » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Hi to all, especially to the people in charge, I represent the old games company Software Projects which as you might know still own the rights to many Spectrum game titles. We like what you're doing and if you wished to contact us over some kind of deal then we may be able to come to some mutually amicable arrangement.

Please get in touch and let us know what you think.

Eratosthenes

Re: Hello from Software Projects

Postby Eratosthenes » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi @Hal,

nice 2readU...

Software Projects is real history to me. - As Manic Miner is one of two "games of my life" (2 be honest: I don't really play very much...) I'm really pleased to see that you are still "online"! :D

Have a lot of fun...
der Eratosthenes

SpectrumOldi

Postby SpectrumOldi » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:42 pm

I hope you will create Next versions of your most popular titles, with improved sprites and so on.
"Spectrum Oldie"

Sokurah

Postby Sokurah » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:31 am

SpectrumOldi wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:42 pm
I hope you will create Next versions of your most popular titles, with improved sprites and so on.
Seriously?
No remakes - who the F cares about that. Original games, please!

Get used to it - Software Projects doesn't exist anymore - I can make you a Next version of of Jet Set Willy or Tribble Trubble in a few days ... but I'm not gonna. Let's have something original and not just have damn remakes. Gameplay is paramount, right? ... so who cares about some coloured sprites. If you want a remake of Astronut for the Next (or who cares) - do it yourself.
...try to aim a little bit higher.
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
My games for the Spectrum: Dingo, The Speccies, The Speccies 2 (also for arcade hardware) & Vallation.
Twitter: Sokurah

SpectrumOldi

Postby SpectrumOldi » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:55 am

Sokurah wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:31 am
SpectrumOldi wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:42 pm
Seriously?
No remakes - who the F cares about that. Original games, please!

Get used to it - Software Projects doesn't exist anymore - I can make you a Next version of of Jet Set Willy or Tribble Trubble in a few days ... but I'm not gonna. Let's have something original and not just have damn remakes. Gameplay is paramount, right? ... so who cares about some coloured sprites. If you want a remake of Astronut for the Next (or who cares) - do it yourself.
...try to aim a little bit higher.
So you say. I just wanted to see if there's still life in them, since the user claimed to know the people behind SP. Their only option to make money from the old titles is remaking them, since the ROMs of the old games are everywhere, if SP still exists.

Actually I am planning to start working on Next games, using Zeus. It would be preferable to have a real machine to test it on, instead of the Zeus emulator.
"Spectrum Oldie"

beanz

Postby beanz » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:47 pm

OP,

Matt

Postby Matt » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:37 pm

Or contact Henrique Olifiers directly.

He's a busy chap with his own modern era software business, so doubt he has time to check these forums or even the FB group, particularly given the obvious attention he gets there at the moment, due to tge Next, but I'm sure you'll find a way.

I'm sure we'd love to have you on-board. Not sure there's much of deal to be had other than a dev board, but that's obviously a discussion for you to have. Most developers new and old are developing off their own backs with varying hopes of a return.

There is a developer eco system being setup though, so be sure to say Hi. Phoebus Docus can probably get you up to speed there. I can probably put you in contact if you have trouble contacting him.

Matt.
/\/\att