Hello from sunny Stockport

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
quantumDavey

Hello from sunny Stockport

Post by quantumDavey » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:06 am

Hi,

Okay so it's not so sunny now ! Lol.

I'm fascinated by this new version of the Spectrum. I had my first speccy when I was a teenager - the rubber keyed 48K model. I remember buying a keyboard upgrade, it was a cream keyboard with real keys and speaker - boy the keyclick was more of a pop and the sound was like HiFi compared to it in it's original case. I had an Interface 1, two Microdrives, Interface 2, SpecDrum, Currah µSpeech, ZX thermal printer. Then after a while I had a Spectrum+ and another Interface 1... so I had a network ! Wow, that was so cool. So in a box in the attic, now , I have a Spectrum +, a +128 and a +3. I moved on from the Spectrum to the QL as soon as it came out - I've got 3 QLs in that box too (it's a big heavy box). I've got a couple of other Z80 machines... Memotech MTX512 and a Sharp MZ700 (I think it is). I've also got an (Acorn) BBC Model B - I was disappointed when the BBC went for the Acorn machine instead of the QL for their school based computer literacy initiative. So that's what I've got.

What do I want ?? The maxed out Spectrum Next, of course ! Roll on KS2 - or does anyone want to sell me their Next Plus or Next Accelerated pledge ?

What would I like ?? An option to run Sinclair SuperBasic on it ! :idea: :D

Cheers all,

Davey
ZX Spectrum 48K, ZX Spectrum+, 128K, +3. QL (JM & JS), (Cambridge) Z88, Memotech MTX512, Sharp MZ700, BBC Model B, Acorn Electron. Interface 1, Microdrives, Interface 2, SpecDrum, Currah µSpeech.

mitja_i

Re: Hello from sunny Stockport

Post by mitja_i » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:52 am

Hi Davey!
You have a great collection! 3 QLs? That's amazing! Well, a QL core for the Next is on a wish list of many Next backers ... I'm sure it will happen!
Backer 423 @ 37% funded 29 days left
---
ZX Spectrum Next glossary

Timbucus

Post by Timbucus » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:11 pm

Welcome Davey. I have a similar collection but, mislaid my Memotech somewhere, I only have the tech. notes left!
I think we may well see a QL core on the Next and I am sure you will not have to wait too long for the second Kickstarter - I think the first is close to shipping now.

Tim
I'm Infinite Imaginations when not in work... PAWS for thought.

quantumDavey

Post by quantumDavey » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:12 pm

Thanks for your replies, hopefully we will hear something very soon on KS1... think it's about time there was an update.
ZX Spectrum 48K, ZX Spectrum+, 128K, +3. QL (JM & JS), (Cambridge) Z88, Memotech MTX512, Sharp MZ700, BBC Model B, Acorn Electron. Interface 1, Microdrives, Interface 2, SpecDrum, Currah µSpeech.