How much longer?

This section is for discussing everything about Next hardware and latest updates.
User avatar
varmfskii
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:13 pm
Location: Albuquerque, NM USA

Re: How much longer?

Post by varmfskii » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:09 pm

Black_Cat wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:43 am
:) I think that the developers of ZX Next have read my predictions of their future, and made the only right decision. Don't thank me for predicting a future that saved kickstarter users from another year of waiting, or an even more disastrous future. :) As you can see, the truth said in time "And the king is naked!" has done far more good than all your enthusiastic praise.
They had this solution in their back pocket. They didn't want to use this solution because it necessitates modifying the keyboard connector. I don't think you understand at all what their starting point was. All I have done back to you is point out that 1) problems generally don't have a single solution and 2) solutions rarely don't have drawbacks.

You didn't predict shit! You were not doing anyone a service, You have simply been trolling with the Soviet way is the only way.

I have a ZX Evolution. I have a Byte. I have some idea what the evolution of the ZX Spectrum has been in the East. I also have dev board ZX Next and have explored the hardware as it has developed. I have a pretty good notion of the differences and am aware of where I would consider the ZX Evolution better and where I would consider the ZX Next better. I seriously doubt that you have done anything at all with a ZX Next.
Backer #2741 - TS2068, Byte, ZX Evolution

User avatar
Black_Cat
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:11 pm
Location: Saint Petersburg, Russia Today
Contact:

Re: How much longer?

Post by Black_Cat » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:17 pm

varmfskii wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:09 pm
Black_Cat wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:43 am
:) I think that the developers of ZX Next have read my predictions of their future, and made the only right decision. Don't thank me for predicting a future that saved kickstarter users from another year of waiting, or an even more disastrous future. :) As you can see, the truth said in time "And the king is naked!" has done far more good than all your enthusiastic praise.
They had this solution in their back pocket. They didn't want to use this solution because it necessitates modifying the keyboard connector. I don't think you understand at all what their starting point was. All I have done back to you is point out that 1) problems generally don't have a single solution and 2) solutions rarely don't have drawbacks.

You didn't predict shit! You were not doing anyone a service, You have simply been trolling with the Soviet way is the only way.

I have a ZX Evolution. I have a Byte. I have some idea what the evolution of the ZX Spectrum has been in the East. I also have dev board ZX Next and have explored the hardware as it has developed. I have a pretty good notion of the differences and am aware of where I would consider the ZX Evolution better and where I would consider the ZX Next better. I seriously doubt that you have done anything at all with a ZX Next.
:) varmfskii, it is not necessary so strongly to be upset. It's clear that I'm laughing at the incompetence and limitations of thinking. The developers of ZX Next are not perfect, so they need to be periodically stimulated by a kick in the ass, so they quickly broke their erroneous stereotypes that people who trust them suffer from. And it is a pity that it was not done a year ago, then there would be less disappointments. ZX Next had a good, professional marketing presentation, but the implementation of the project is not professional at all. Therefore, there was quite an expected reaction that kickstarter users now feel cheated. After all, in the presentation they were assured of the solidity of the project, as evidenced by the involvement of famous people who acted as the guarantor of the professionalism of the development team, and in reality it turned out that there are problems with professionalism. And the sooner the development team gets rid of the illusion of its exclusivity, and begins to wonder why, for example, "Russian", consider this project incompetent, the higher the probability that kickstarter users will receive a product that at least partially justifies the money that was paid.

NecronomiconUK
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 7:31 am

Re: How much longer?

Post by NecronomiconUK » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:59 pm

Bloody hell there’s some folk here with real chips on their shoulders.

User avatar
Black_Cat
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:11 pm
Location: Saint Petersburg, Russia Today
Contact:

Re: How much longer?

Post by Black_Cat » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:53 am

NecronomiconUK wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:59 pm
Bloody hell there’s some folk here with real chips on their shoulders.
It's more of a burden of disappointment.

Winfield
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: How much longer?

Post by Winfield » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:42 pm

** Pledge now sold **

Ped7g
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Re: How much longer?

Post by Ped7g » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:17 pm

Nice, I hope this is reasonably "ok" outcome for you (and I would bet somebody else got very happy about jumping in), have a good time, take care and in case you will ever cross your path with ZXN again, let's hope it will work lot better that time and there will be just fun involved *next* time. :D GL HF.

Alcoholics Anonymous
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 7:00 pm

Re: How much longer?

Post by Alcoholics Anonymous » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:09 am

Black_Cat wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:58 am
It's amazing that it took them 1.5 years to do this, although any qualified engineer would have determined at a glance that it was fundamentally impossible to get a reliably working keyboard using the path they chose.
You lack imagination Black Cat.

1.5 years? Where does that figure come from?? This solution, along with several others, were immediately known. All the solutions varied in cost but modifications to the membrane were essentially free. All that time, that long wait, was one attempt at remedying in the membrane (or rather several at the same time). This length of time is out of the control of the project. The choice made is the best choice but it will cost the project money. When you have a fixed pool of money, you have to be careful how that money is spent otherwise you are in danger of not being able to complete.

Black Cat contributed nothing as he offered no solution. In any case, the solution he is thinking of, was already known.

The level of disrespect is shocking. But he is a known troll and there is a great deal of jealousy in the Russian scene so put those two together and this is where you get.

I do have a prediction though. Tomorrow, at Black Cat's house, it will either rain or it won't. I'll be back tomorrow to gloat at my correctness. (Not really :P )

User avatar
Black_Cat
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:11 pm
Location: Saint Petersburg, Russia Today
Contact:

Re: How much longer?

Post by Black_Cat » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:11 pm

Alcoholics Anonymous wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:09 am
Black_Cat wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:58 am
It's amazing that it took them 1.5 years to do this, although any qualified engineer would have determined at a glance that it was fundamentally impossible to get a reliably working keyboard using the path they chose.
You lack imagination Black Cat.

1.5 years? Where does that figure come from??
Team ZX Next promised to submit the finished project on 1 January 2018. Now June 30, 2019 is exactly 1.5 years from the date when the project was to be ready. It goes without saying that the ZX Next team had to make a decision on how to design the keyboard before January 1, 2018, i.e. more than 1.5 years ago. But nevertheless, the project is still not ready, and most importantly - there is no clear understanding when it will really be ready.
Alcoholics Anonymous wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:09 am
This solution, along with several others, were immediately known. All the solutions varied in cost but modifications to the membrane were essentially free. All that time, that long wait, was one attempt at remedying in the membrane (or rather several at the same time). This length of time is out of the control of the project. The choice made is the best choice but it will cost the project money. When you have a fixed pool of money, you have to be careful how that money is spent otherwise you are in danger of not being able to complete.

Black Cat contributed nothing as he offered no solution. In any case, the solution he is thinking of, was already known.

The level of disrespect is shocking. But he is a known troll and there is a great deal of jealousy in the Russian scene so put those two together and this is where you get.
If something is shocking, is the fact that about one year team ZX Next tells people to Finance this project, the tale of endless experimentation with the shape of the contact pads of the keyboard. At the same time, it takes 5 seconds for any qualified engineer familiar with the reliability theory to accept a qualified conclusion about the error of the keyboard design method chosen by the ZX Next team. It took the ZX Next team more than 1.5 years to make this decision! Compare: 5 seconds and over 1.5 years to make the right decision - surely the level of disrespect to investors is shocking!
I believe that the correct way out of this situation would be if the developers of ZX Next apologize for their arrogance to the people who trusted them, and will continue to be guided primarily by the "Russian" experience of the development of ZX Spectrum. You can be sure that the "Russians" will never advise you bad. :)

seedy1812
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 11:31 am

Re: How much longer?

Post by seedy1812 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:21 pm

Must not feed the troll

Locked