Music Creation on the Next

Discuss ZX Spectrum Next Games, Tools and more.
robpearmain

Re: Music Creation on the Next

Post by robpearmain » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:30 pm

Targhan wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:46 am
.I will probably get back here to find some folks to test the player, since I don't have the hardware (any emulator existing anywhere??).

A question : Some people also refer to a SID chip, but I don't find anything about it in the documentation. Is it something the Spectrum Next has? However, Arkos Tracker will not target this, as this is not really the aim of this tracker.

Thanks and see you soon,
Targhan/Arkos.
Hi. If you look in the WIKI it lists the emulators.

The SID chip was dropped, so it is the 3 AY Chips (9 channels) and I believe spec drum
Rob Pearmain
Bipboi (Zx Spectrum 48k), Harry Hedgehog (ZX Spectrum [1K]), Luna C (PC), Turbotoons (PC)

ZX Spectrum 48k, +, 128k, Next (board)

Targhan

Post by Targhan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:09 pm

Hi all,

I am currently adapting my players to the various hardware Arkos Tracker 2 can handle (Spectrum, MSX, etc.). I have made a 9-channel player for Spectrum Next. I have not the hardware, and I don't know how to make sure my code works. My 6-channel TurboSound works (I have tested it with UnrealSpeccy), so I'm pretty sure my 9-channel player also works, but I want to be sure before delivery :).

Could someone with the real hardware can PM me? I'll send him a SNA of the player with a 9-channel song. Thanks!

Targhan/Arkos.

Targhan

Post by Targhan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:26 am

Well, I had no answer, but was able to validate my 6 and 9-channel players thanks to the Zesarux emulator (thanks to its Cesar for his kind support!) and CSPECT. The next version of Arkos Tracker will include these players.

KyotoG

Post by KyotoG » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:14 am

I've posted an update on my music editor/player in the Showcase section for those who missed the post.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=764#p7289

Targhan

Post by Targhan » Fri May 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Hi all,

The Alpha 3 of Arkos Tracker 2 has been released, and contains players for Spectrum (3 channels and 6 using the Turbo Sound), and Spectrum Next (9 channels). You can download it here!

Alcoholics Anonymous

Post by Alcoholics Anonymous » Fri May 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Targhan wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:12 pm
Hi all,

The Alpha 3 of Arkos Tracker 2 has been released, and contains players for Spectrum (3 channels and 6 using the Turbo Sound), and Spectrum Next (9 channels). You can download it here!
awesome, checking it out now.