Kickstarter 2nd Run Query

This section is for discussing everything about Next hardware and latest updates.
Dinky74

Kickstarter 2nd Run Query

Post by Dinky74 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi people of planet Spectrum Next.

I see that this is going to happen which is great news , especially for those that missed out.
As I was lucky enough to get on the initial kickstarter I was wondering if there was going to be any kind of incentive for us to pledge for another??

I probably will anyway as I'm such a whore for Spectrums

mrmatter

Re: Kickstarter 2nd Run Query

Post by mrmatter » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:57 pm

Let's get the first one over the line ...

beanz

Post by beanz » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:35 pm

I doubt there will be an incentive...the pricing for the first kickstarter was your incentive for backing the project...they were made at cost with little to no profit. Also it wouldn't be fair to new purchasers to have 2 tier pricing with the lower tier going to those who already have a next and already got an incentive!

It's reasonable that on a second run they will want to make some profit so expect prices to be higher than the kickstarter ones I'd say.

fgeva

Post by fgeva » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:42 pm

I don't know if I'd expect higher prices. Even with the same price, all of the development has been done, case moulds don't have to be remade, the keyboard problem will still be solved, ... so as a naive observer I'd expect a second batch to be viable with the same price. Whether that leaves enough margin to cover any losses made on the first batch is another matter of course, I have no insight at all on that.
Backer 754

SinclairSociety

Post by SinclairSociety » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:23 pm

I am happy whether it is lower, higher, or the same. I just want a Next! hehehe.

Starting my 2nd Next Kickstarter Raindance!

TJ