Original Spectrum keyboard problem.

Time to talk about what other machines can run on the Next hardware!
Quili

Original Spectrum keyboard problem.

Postby Quili » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:19 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.
I have bought a used motherboard from Spectrum Next.
I have mounted it in a original Spectrum case, it works great.
I have installed the nintendo core, it boots and works fine, but it has a problem. To load a game you have to move the cursor until you reach the load option.
I have the problem that the original Spectrum keyboard does not work and I have to connect an external keyboard. Can something be done to make the Spectrum keyboard work with this core?
Thank you for reading this post.

Alcoholics Anonymous

Re: Original Spectrum keyboard problem.

Postby Alcoholics Anonymous » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:20 am

This is up to the core author. All the physical hardware to use the keyboard is there but the author has to include circuits on the fpga to use the keyboard. The zx next core is open source and contains all the necessary vhdl for reading the keyboard so the author should be able to borrow from that.

You won't be able to reach the core authors on this forum (except for the zx next core itself). I think it's Victor who ported the nintendo core and the best way to reach him is via the alternate cores facebook group I think. Maybe you can reach him via the github project page too.

Quili

Re: Original Spectrum keyboard problem.

Postby Quili » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:35 am

Alcoholics Anonymous wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:20 am
This is up to the core author. All the physical hardware to use the keyboard is there but the author has to include circuits on the fpga to use the keyboard. The zx next core is open source and contains all the necessary vhdl for reading the keyboard so the author should be able to borrow from that.

You won't be able to reach the core authors on this forum (except for the zx next core itself). I think it's Victor who ported the nintendo core and the best way to reach him is via the alternate cores facebook group I think. Maybe you can reach him via the github project page too.
Thank you very much for the reply.
A greeting