This forum is crap! - How to sign out?

Like the title says above this section is for general chat about anything else. (within reason)
Eratosthenes

This forum is crap! - How to sign out?

Post by Eratosthenes » Sat May 12, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi there,

I'm a ZX Spectrum user of the 1st hour. But it seems that I'm incompatible with specnext.com.

So my question is: How can I unsign from this forum?

Fiddling around with the forum and settings I didn't managed to do this... :(

THNX 4 the info.
MfL
der Eratosthenes

Hurric

Re: This forum is crap! - How to sign out?

Post by Hurric » Sat May 12, 2018 10:47 pm

Eratosthenes wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:35 pm

Get yourself a Commodore 64, that should do it :D

varmfskii

Post by varmfskii » Sun May 13, 2018 12:23 am

I would figure the best you can do is remove/invalidate all of your contact info, then don't worry about the fact your account still exists. Beyond that, I'm sure that one of the moderators can help you out.
Backer #2741 - TS2068, Byte, ZX Evolution

xc8

Post by xc8 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:59 am

Eratosthenes wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:35 pm
Fiddling around with the forum and settings I didn't managed to do this... :(
looks like you can use the GDPR (after 25th of May) to request your personal data to be erased.
+++
ATZ

SamusDrake

Post by SamusDrake » Sun May 13, 2018 10:56 am

Could you not just PM one of the moderators or the admin?

fgeva

Post by fgeva » Sun May 13, 2018 4:45 pm

I have to say that these forums didn't turn out entirely the way I'd hoped for either, but I'm not giving up yet, and I hope you'll reconsider at some point and come back! I'm convinced everyone here (despite some of my immediate feelings after seeing some posts) do want this to be a success.

The problems I see are:
  • The focus on facebook. The only solution for that (apart from the unthinkable horror of *joining* facebook, of course) is to keep these forums alive, post stuff, make people see we care and we're here. I also hope that once the Nexts are packaged and sent out, the core people will actually have more time and will be able to interact in multiple places.
  • The moderation. I might not be looking properly, but lately I've only seen a single moderator active. That's not good in the long term, maybe there should be more new people?
    I also don't know how much experience the moderators have. It's not an easy job, and unless you have quite a lot of experience it's easy to be too loose or too strict, or to let your own opinions influence your "official" decisions too much. Not having enough active moderators doesn't help there, it makes it harder to take a step back every now and then, you have to do your job even when you're not in the right mood for it.
I know I'm not the most active poster here, so I what I say isn't very relevant or important, but I believe these forums can work, and I believe everyone here wants them to work.
Backer 754

Sokurah

Post by Sokurah » Mon May 14, 2018 9:39 am

fgeva wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 4:45 pm
The moderation. I might not be looking properly, but lately I've only seen a single moderator active. That's not good in the long term, maybe there should be more new people?
Surely one is enough when there isn't being posted more in general.
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
My games for the Spectrum: Dingo, The Speccies, The Speccies 2 (also for arcade hardware) & Vallation.
Twitter: Sokurah

sol_hsa

Post by sol_hsa » Wed May 16, 2018 5:08 am

So far I've been reading basically everything posted on this forum daily and I have moderation experience from a relatively busy gaming forum, so I *could* be a moderator, it's a different matter whether I'm seen as suitable considering I wasn't a Brit teen during the speccy days.. ;)

cha05e90

Post by cha05e90 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:49 am

Is it only me - but I can't read the Facebook group anymore (which I do only if I'm bored - it is not really acceptable as a source of sound information). It demands a "login" since a few days.

Nevertheless I'm still a Next forum user and reader - the unstructured facebook extravaganza with a really bad signal noise ratio isn't appropriate in my POV.
+/+/48K/128

mitja_i

Post by mitja_i » Thu May 17, 2018 9:16 am

Nothing was changed in the Facebook group.
Backer 423 @ 37% funded 29 days left
---
ZX Spectrum Next glossary