Not a rare item for collectors

Like the title says above this section is for general chat about anything else. (within reason)
jcardoso

Not a rare item for collectors

Postby jcardoso » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:24 pm

The fact that some starters are selling their Next by huge prices, is passing the impression that we are talking about a collectors item, that doesn't seem to be the good for the Next.

I think that the best approach is to run the 2nd Kickstart as soon as possible, to avoid the Next to disappear in collectors hands that won't use them for anything beside the collectors value.

Regards,
João

Alcoholics Anonymous

Re: Not a rare item for collectors

Postby Alcoholics Anonymous » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:02 am

The second KS will run as soon as possible but the first KS has to be delivered first. The intention for a second KS was announced before people started receiving their nexts so that people would know they would have a chance to get a next without paying exhorbitant prices on ebay.

That's about all you can do to avoid the impression of scarcity. Anyone paying high prices on ebay is doing it because they have the money and want one now. Keep in mind, even though we think a second KS will succeed, there isn't a guarantee of that either.

Eratosthenes

Postby Eratosthenes » Sat May 02, 2020 2:57 pm

To be honest, if I would have missed the 1st Kickstarter and I'd now like to get one, I think I would pay EUR 500,- for the device.

But as I'm one of the lucky ones who have got one ( Image ) I think this will save me some money... ;)

P.S.: By the way
The ZX 81 is stock, the A600 on the right, a nearly unused device, was, as I had to open it to replace the capacitors, pimped with a Vampire 2.1 Turbo card. This makes it being a really nice retro device even in 2020.

Montala

Postby Montala » Sat May 02, 2020 3:06 pm

That all looks very smart... especially with the Spectrum Next on it's own stand! ;)

Eratosthenes

Postby Eratosthenes » Sat May 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Having got my 48k since 1982 or 1983 I've been waiting for an update since about 1985. => As the Next is the update I've been waiting for, the device is worth standing on its own stand.

(Correctly put on it looks much better as it looks on this photo.)

P.S.: Here the device as good as it looks on it's own... Image