What do you think about new Next games

Like the title says above this section is for general chat about anything else. (within reason)
Eratosthenes

What do you think about new Next games

Postby Eratosthenes » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:15 pm

Hi there,

as it's the summer period, I'm not doing retro computer stuff so much. For some reasons I updated my board some days ago. Now I'm wondering whether I like the new software for the Spectrum Next or not.

To be honest: I'm not interested in "new" 8-Bit games. I'd prefer original Spectrum graphics to anything that look like any other 8-Bit or 16-Bit game.
NEXTgame.jpg
NEXTgame.jpg (135.13 KiB) Viewed 1827 times
Games like this are impressive from a technical point of view but they may have been provided on any 8-Bit or 16-Bit console. To me the Spectrum stuff was "strange", "ugly", "fajskfd+afnmk*", and so on. But it was Spectrum stuff.

Even though I'm impressed that this is possible on a Spectrum: To me the new software is just 8-Bit/16-Bit retro stuff like anything else for Nintendo, Sega, ...

What do you think about the new programs and games for the Next?

THNX 4 info.

dave18

Re: What do you think about new Next games

Postby dave18 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:51 pm

I think the port of Bubble Bobble is great ;-)

Eratosthenes

Postby Eratosthenes » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:04 pm

Yes, but it's a port. I really like to play Bubble Bobble on "The C64" or on one of my Amigas. So I think I'd also like to play it on the Next...

Is the Next version of "Lords of Midnight" so much better than the original version?

What do you think...

Sokurah

Postby Sokurah » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:12 pm

"fajskfd+afnmk*"?
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
My games for the Spectrum: Dingo, The Speccies, The Speccies 2 (also for arcade hardware) & Vallation.
Twitter: Sokurah

Eratosthenes

Postby Eratosthenes » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:53 am

That's the stuff making the ghetto-graphics of the Spectrum (sometimes) look so good... :geek: :mrgreen: