interrupts in dot commands

Discuss game and other programming topics not specifically covered in another forum

Moderator: Programming Moderators

sol_hsa

Re: interrupts in dot commands

Postby sol_hsa » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:12 am

Ped7g wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:38 am
you can't easily transpile z88dk/z80asm to sjasmplus, I was already taking a look, and there are certain features of z88dk/z80asm which are simply not compatible with sjasmplus, the way how it deals with local symbols and linking vs sjasmplus modules and local labels.
One route is to just compile to z80 binary and then disassemble it. That's the way I was preparing a small example earlier, only to spot the problem while preparing..
Ped7g wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:38 am
Usually I just write the source without the bugs, so I don't have to debug (but it takes me 10x longer time than just writing "something" and then debugging it). :) .. difficult to get it right (productivity vs quality), at least for me, I'm usually very wrong on this. :)
I'm actually surprised how few bugs I've had when doing small-device code. I guess it has to do with the fact that there's so many details to keep in mind just to get a binary.

All new platforms / environments have specific classes of bugs which need ways to debug. Like the interrupt thing, once I managed to get it crashing I knew I got forward. Not having it crash was frustrating. Once you have experience in ways things can go wrong and what the symptoms are, debugging gets easier. I've yet to use an actual debugger on a z80 device.