Wrapping my head around the palette

Discuss game and other programming topics not specifically covered in another forum

Moderator: Programming Moderators

sol_hsa

Re: Wrapping my head around the palette

Postby sol_hsa » Tue May 12, 2020 9:36 am

Ped7g wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:24 am
sol_hsa: "stepping on something" - but you are correct, that layer 2 article is not up to date.
My point was that I did not expect any kind of argument to pop up, and I apologise for any bad feelings I may have caused.
Ped7g wrote:
I'm just saying the wiki in my eyes is something what users produce. So this approach has its limits (and advantages as well).
I understand that the wiki may be out of date (or possibly even completely misleading).. I've opted not to contribute so far because I don't feel like I know anything better than what's already there.
Ped7g wrote:
Yep, that one particular web page, with it's prominent position (for somebody who is just starting with Next SW development and is collecting initial info) .. is a bit like a landmine.
Still, it's somewhat friendlier than raw register dumps.

I know (after writing some hundreds of pages of technical documentation) that good docs take surprising amount of work. Once tidbits of information started to drop some years ago I did consider trying to gather all of it and start writing some specnext documentation, but given that I did not back the 'just the board' level I did not have anything to test stuff on... not that I had any free time at the moment either.

Please do not take any of this as criticism - I *love* the amount of information that's already available. My approach to development is also different than most people's, so I'm not exactly the target market for most of the documentation.

Once I've had time to do a few little projects I may write a tutorial or two. No promises though. Last time I promised to write a speccy tutorial something happened that totally destroyed all of my free time for years. =)