Bubble Bobble

Show us your work, thrill and amaze us :)

Moderator: Programming Moderators

dave18

Re: Bubble Bobble

Postby dave18 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:05 pm

Finally - I think it's at release candidate stage. I can't find any more bugs and I've added high score saving so I'm calling it done!

Link to final version is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1trrBuU ... sp=sharing

The git repo is now public here https://github.com/dave18/BubNext

Enjoy

Dave

smurphboy

Postby smurphboy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:56 pm

Fantastic work. Thanks for this. Been playing all through the beta releases. I never thought I'd see such a close conversation on a Speccy!

MtM

Postby MtM » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:45 pm

Downloaded Dave, will give it a go and report back. Excellent work, brilliant it saves hi scores. If only you could save your game too ;-)

dave18

Postby dave18 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:28 am

Save game is not going to happen I'm afraid, it's just too complicated and there is not enough room left in non-banked ram.

To ensure the scores save you need to wait until the flashing logo is displayed after a game finishes before power off/reset. Sometimes the game goes straight into attract mode after a game finishes and the scores won't be saved until it loops round and the logo is displayed.

Alcoholics Anonymous

Postby Alcoholics Anonymous » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:28 pm

The is very impressive dave. I cringe at the thought of doing what you have done here :)

Tau Ceti

Postby Tau Ceti » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:34 am

Can someone post about Bubble Bobble on ZX Spectrum Next Farcebook?

Seems a shame few will hear about this!

dave18

Postby dave18 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:08 am

@AA Thanks, all I can say is it is just as well I didn't realise quite what I was taking on when I started elaw I never would have!

@Tau Ceti I'm happy for anyone to post about it on Facebook, I haven't simply because I don't have an account or want one.

dave18

Postby dave18 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:37 pm

Link taken down for now while I work on a patching system so that the original arcade roms are needed. Should be back soon and a bit more legit. I'd like for it to be included in the main distribution is possible.

dave18

Postby dave18 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:27 pm

ok, new version available here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rVzgUw ... sp=sharing that doesn't include the arcade ROMs.

The zip file also include a patcher util and a readme with both patching and game instruction.

Is it possible to host this on an actual software repository now rather than just on my GDrive?

Thanks

Dave

SevenFFF

Postby SevenFFF » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:35 pm

I would create a github or gitlab repository. Those are ideal as you can make automatic zipped snapshots of releases, and attach binaries and ther files to them. You can also make readmes or wiki entries in markdown for the instructions. You don't have to include source in a git repo, many people just put the binaries and documentation.
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins