Bubble Bobble

Show us your work, thrill and amaze us :)

Moderator: Programming Moderators

dave18

Re: Bubble Bobble

Postby dave18 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:46 pm

Ah no problem, a good reminder that I need to remove the Google drive version!

alanspec

Postby alanspec » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:32 pm

Hi dave18,

So finally got another 2 player game in with the newest version.
It didn't crash....and we finished it :D
Took us 2 hours and god knows how many credits - level 99 had us puzzled for quite a while....
It definitely won't be our last game - I'll let you know if we run into any issues in future games.

Cheers again - haven't had that much fun in ages.

Regards.
Alan.
Attachments
bubbobnext.png
bubbobnext.png (789.21 KiB) Viewed 1286 times

dave18

Postby dave18 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:15 am

Wow, that's amazing, when I've played it with my son we've always ended up losing our last life simultaneously at some point and it being game over.

When I was porting the endings I wondered whether anyone would see them so I'm glad that you did.

That you and your son got such enjoyment out of it makes all the hours spent porting it worthwhile.

Cheers

Dave

alanspec

Postby alanspec » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:27 pm

Haha - that's what I was very careful of - I spent the whole 2 hours sitting right at the keyboard constantly checking our lives - we were deliberately losing last lives while the other player stayed safe to be sure we could keep at least one player alive at all times to be able to get the other player back in. I was spamming 1 and 2 like track and field just to be sure.
He asked if we might be the only people who've finished it in 2 player(on the Next) - I said we might be??
He also said it was one of his favourite games of all time :D - and he's played nearly all 80's/90's/2000's machines and games that were worth throwing at him.