---------
ZXorDIE
http://zxbasic.uk/NextBuild NextBuild
http://zxbasic.uk ZXBD Snapshot uploader
http://zxbasic.uk/db/0 ZXBasic Online Database

Hurric

Re: Update 39

Post by Hurric » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:19 am

It's looking better and better each update 8-)

sol_hsa

Post by sol_hsa » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:55 am

I'm starting to get a sneaking suspicion that it's not shipping this summer.. =)

Glad to see it's coming together. And the positive side for the hardware delays is that it has given more time for the firmware/software side to progress, so the initial experience for people who get their hands on their nexts will be a bit more polished.

gren

Post by gren » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:06 pm

This is good news :)

Things might be taking a little longer than anticipated, but I am not at all worried for 2 reasons:-
- We are still getting regular updates, and they are highly detailed and informative (and understandably a little apologetic)
- The attention to detail and desire to get this absolutely perfect FIRST TIME is palpable, and a breath of fresh air

I'm still waiting patiently for my Pyra, so can understand people's frustrations....but we are slowly getting there :D

Iestyn goes Skiing

Post by Iestyn goes Skiing » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:09 am

gren wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:06 pm

Things might be taking a little longer than anticipated, but I am not at all worried for 2 reasons:-
- We are still getting regular updates, and they are highly detailed and informative (and understandably a little apologetic)
- The attention to detail and desire to get this absolutely perfect FIRST TIME is palpable, and a breath of fresh air

I'm still waiting patiently for my Pyra, so can understand people's frustrations....but we are slowly getting there :D
Pyra? Has that thing still not released? That’s got to be 5 years ago now, that’s worse than the Vega+!
Backer 916.

gren

Post by gren » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:45 am

Iestyn goes Skiing wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:09 am
gren wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:06 pm

Pyra? Has that thing still not released? That’s got to be 5 years ago now, that’s worse than the Vega+!
Hah! I pre-pre-ordered the Pyra back in Oct 2015 (one of the first 200 units)! But there's been a number of errr....technical delays. However, like with the Speccy Next I have complete faith in the guy in charge (EvilDragon), and the device is getting quite close now (hopefully!)

I went through the same thing when I ordered the Pandora back in 2008, and I didn't get that until Jan 2011 (but at least I actually received one!). But there were other problems with that project that I won't go into here :lol: