UPDATE #54 Xmas Assembling

All the latest updates about the ZX Spectrum Next, Website and Forum News
mitja_i

UPDATE #54 Xmas Assembling

Postby mitja_i » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:00 am

Backer 423 @ 37% funded, 10th hour. Base version. Shipping nr. 533. Received February 19, 2020.
Backer 1027 @ 141% funded, 10th minute.

Original 48K (issue 4b) with IF1, two microdrives and vDrive.
---
ZX Spectrum Next glossary

fgeva

Re: UPDATE #54 Xmas Assembling

Postby fgeva » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:23 am

This is great news indeed.

I wonder if I'm the only one who checked his backer number to guess if he'd be in the first batch :)
(although apart from the five "Ultimate" machines I don't think I've seen any statement about machines going out in backer order, so I don't know if it even matters)
Backer 754

Ped7g

Postby Ped7g » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:26 pm

"I don't think I've seen any statement about machines going out in backer order"

There was even statement they will be produced in "per configuration" way, and they will be shipped in batches continuously during the whole assembling period, so if you have one of the last configurations to be assembled, expect yours late in Feb... (there were no specifics about the assembling order of configs, I was initially thinking it makes some sense to assemble the most complex one first to figure out any extra problems early, but now I believe it makes more sense to assemble the simpler ones first, so the basic assembly process is well tried before the extras are added to it ... as a late backer of "full" variant I'm afraid the end of Feb is it for me :) )

fgeva

Postby fgeva » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Yes, that's definitely possible, Mine is also a full one. I might be fairly early in that batch if they follow backer numbers.

To be honest, right now I don't mind eithe way. End of february is fine! Of course when the first people start receiving theirs and I'm not in the first batch, I will change my mind on that :)

If it were up to me I'd try to prioritise those people who are actively developing stuff, especially those who work on tools that other developers depend on. I'm not one of them, so I'll wait.
Backer 754