KICKSTARTER #2 POLL

All the latest updates about the ZX Spectrum Next, Website and Forum News
bleno

Re: KICKSTARTER #2 POLL

Postby bleno » Thu May 28, 2020 9:02 pm

I live in the US but I was born and was growing up in Ukraine and ZX Spectrum (or it's clones) was my first personal computer. No, mind you, my parents could not afford to buy me one.
I had to go to after classes kids tech club to be able to get my hands on it for an hour or hope to get invited over to my classmate house (mostly to watch to watch him play on it). Spectrum was the source of my biggest unresolved desire as I was growing up. And when I finally was old enough to earn money to buy myself a computer, it was already a Pentium era...

ZX Spectrum remained my first love through all these years. Recently, I learned about ZX Spectrum Next by running into its review on YouTube and could not believe I missed the first Kickstarter by 3 years. Now as I learned that second one may be coming, it would be an instant pledge for me!
It could not be a better thing than to finally get my hands on this wonderful improved version of my beloved Speccy 30 years later. I have already downloaded and started reading through the user manual and it brings those half-forgotten memories of wonder, discovery and understanding that interaction with original Spectrum used to give me when I was a kid.

Please, make the second Kickstarter happen!
Last edited by bleno on Fri May 29, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpeccyDream

Postby SpeccyDream » Fri May 29, 2020 8:32 am

Hi bleno,

I too missed the first KS. I strongly believe from what I have read that soon, a second KS is likely to start. Hold onto your dream.

BlackRece

Postby BlackRece » Sat May 30, 2020 11:06 am

Alcoholics Anonymous wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:13 am
It was just to see if it would be worthwhile to pursue a second kickstarter. More than a couple thousand machines have to be built to get the price breaks needed and the poll result was close enough to indicate a second ks could succeed. When the second ks goes, there will be more promotion.
So...
...where's this second ks? I would love to have one and missed the first!

SevenFFF

Postby SevenFFF » Sat May 30, 2020 2:12 pm

It will happen:

1) after all the Nexts have shipped - some are still unable to ship to a few countries because of covid; and

2) when suppliers and manufacturing partners are opened up enough to give reliable quotes and production estimates to be able to crunch the numbers for the campaign.
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins

Montala

Postby Montala » Sat May 30, 2020 2:18 pm

SevenFFF wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:12 pm
It will happen:

1) after all the Nexts have shipped - some are still unable to ship to a few countries because of covid; and

2) when suppliers and manufacturing partners are opened up enough to give reliable quotes and production estimates to be able to crunch the numbers for the campaign.
Thanks for the re-assurance Robin! :)

lenardg

Postby lenardg » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:02 am

One more vote for another KS!
I sadly missed the first one, and very much would like the second Kickstarter to happen.

Lazarus404

Postby Lazarus404 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:22 pm

I've got some cash put aside for the best Spectrum Next that gets released. Can't wait!

harhar6666

Postby harhar6666 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:41 am

Me too! I still own a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128K, but it's fragile and still, well, primitive with it's sub-optimal keyboard. Such a pity I didn't know about the Spectrum Next when it first appeared on Kickstart... Oh well..

smurphboy

Postby smurphboy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:59 am

I'm in for KS 2 if its got new features... otherwise, having two is just greedy and depriving someone of the joy of a Next of their own.

SevenFFF

Postby SevenFFF » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:59 pm

smurphboy wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:59 am
I'm in for KS 2 if its got new features... otherwise, having two is just greedy and depriving someone of the joy of a Next of their own.
Not really. They will only manufacture enough to fulfill backer pledges. If you pledge one less, they will manufacture one less. If we pledge 1000 less in total, they will manufacture 1000 less.

The more you own, the more Nexts exist for people to use in the future.
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins