KICKSTARTER #2 POLL

All the latest updates about the ZX Spectrum Next, Website and Forum News
mitja_i

KICKSTARTER #2 POLL

Postby mitja_i » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:54 pm

As we look to the fulfilment of the first Spectrum Next Kickstarter, many have asked over the years about what will happen next. How will those who missed out the first time around be able to get their hands on one of these wonderful machines?

We would like to ascertain the demand for another Kickstarter in the first instance and would appreciate you filling out the poll.

It allows for multiple selections, and if you’re a backer of the first Kickstarter then let us know by selecting that option too!

https://www.specnext.com/kickstarter-2-poll
Backer 423 @ 37% funded, 10th hour. Base version. Shipping nr. 533. Received February 19, 2020.
Backer 1027 @ 141% funded, 10th minute.

Original 48K (issue 4b) with IF1, two microdrives and vDrive.
---
ZX Spectrum Next glossary

Ped7g

Re: KICKSTARTER #2 POLL

Postby Ped7g » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:36 pm

Wasn't somewhere here on this forum dedicated thread to collect the people interested into second KS run?

Tried to quickly find it, but can't remember where it was or what topic it had... if anyone remembers it, maybe post this also there, maybe some people may have notifications set up... thinking about it, that would be extra annoying in early days after first campaign, so probably not that many... :D

SamusDrake

Postby SamusDrake » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:56 pm

Too good to pass up on. I hope it does lead to a second run.

beanz

Postby beanz » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:43 pm

I don't see the poll when I follow the link.

SevenFFF

Postby SevenFFF » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:44 pm

Try it on your phone or in a different desktop browser. Somebody said that Safari wasn't displaying anything for him but it worked when he tried a different browser.

This is what it should look like when you can see it, to whet your appetite:

Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins

JaimieV

Postby JaimieV » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:44 am

I’d suggest everyone who posted to the thread, and everyone who has previously signed up for updates, should get notified.

I wasn’t, and just happened to check in today to see if the shop had ever reopened.

Communication is key... to successfully funding another production round.

Anyway, I’m in. But without a bit of effort, lots of people are going to miss out. Again.

SevenFFF

Postby SevenFFF » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:03 pm

You can set up notifications on forum threads. That’s between you and the forum software, not controlled by the Next team.
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins

JaimieV

Postby JaimieV » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Sure, but anyone who had subbed notifications for that thread would have turned them off long long ago due to all the “me too!” posts.

It’s absolutely fantastic news that the Next is shipping, and I know from that thread there are lots of folks who missed out on the original Kickstarter (me!) or want a second or a kit upgrade or whatever. Gotta bring in the numbers, so I’d really recommend sending everyone on the forum who hasn’t opted out of marketing mails a one-shot pointing at the poll (or the next Kickstarter, depending on timing). The bulk of people to contact are those who are *not* on the original Kickstarter mailing list, and forum signups plus any other marketing/alert signups the team may have collected are the main target, not so much the people who are still getting Kickstarter update emails.

Assuming people will pop back unprompted to the site/forum to check on news more often than once a month will mean another round of people who are sad because they missed the next Next Kickstarter.

corbym

Postby corbym » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:04 pm

I too missed this poll, and would definitely be interested in buying a Next.

Sending an email or something would have been nice.

Ho hum.

Alcoholics Anonymous

Postby Alcoholics Anonymous » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:13 am

It was just to see if it would be worthwhile to pursue a second kickstarter. More than a couple thousand machines have to be built to get the price breaks needed and the poll result was close enough to indicate a second ks could succeed. When the second ks goes, there will be more promotion.