Zero Day Update

All the latest updates about the ZX Spectrum Next, Website and Forum News
mitja_i

Zero Day Update

Postby mitja_i » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:07 pm

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Zero Day Update IS IN DA HOUSE! So head over to https://www.specnext.com/latestdistro/ and download it NOW. What are you waiting for?

Now includes Lords of Midnight by Matt Davies (aka WAHH Industries™) AND Night-Knight by Mr. David Saphier (Like if you didn't have enough reason to get it). SD Card images coming up soon too :)

Also includes Classic Spectrum games by Ionut Ghionea and Adrian Chivu!

Here's WHY you REALLY want to update:

* 28 MHz
* Working Expansion Bus
* ZX Interface 2, Ram Turbo, Dandanator ROMs available FROM NextZXOS
* Printing to ZX Printer, Alphacom 32 AND Timex Sinclair 2040 (Oh yea )
* Ability to switch the UART and comms with the Pi accelerator to 2Mb operation (expect a tutorial for that soon)
* NextZXOS 2.04 with several fixes. Also gives you superpowers (ask Garry Lancaster, he'll tell you)
* Ability to update the ESP firmware thanks to amazing work by Robin Verhagen-Guest which also brings you INTERNET BASED RTC time update <3

And many many more. Go on; I don't want to bore you.

P.S. Specifically for Johnny McGibbitts who as documented types with his feet, there's a board-backers version of the distribution that allows the use of an external keyboard out of the box!
Backer 423 @ 37% funded, 10th hour. Base version. Shipping nr. 533. Received February 19, 2020.
Backer 1027 @ 141% funded, 10th minute.

Original 48K (issue 4b) with IF1, two microdrives and vDrive.
---
ZX Spectrum Next glossary

Bootlegger

Re: Zero Day Update

Postby Bootlegger » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:25 am

And here's why you dont want to upgrade. Mouse on ps2 is now dead on v1.2. Core 3 is good but nexts latest os reboots machine when mouse moved even when no driver loaded! Had to revert to earlier os to get mouse back but still running 3.01 core. :cry:

Alcoholics Anonymous

Postby Alcoholics Anonymous » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:06 am

There is nothing wrong with the mouse or operating system.

For the cased nexts, the ps2 port is configured for mouse by default so that people can plug a mouse in directly without doing any extra configuration.

People with boards want the ps2 port configured for a ps2 keyboard. To do that, machines/next/config.ini has to contain "ps2 = 0" near the top. It must be lower case not upper case "PS2 = 0".

mitja_i

Postby mitja_i » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:07 pm

Zero-day-update now updated. Board-Backers' version should now give you proper PS/2 keyboard control. Also removed one extra manual from Nextest. Go on (RE)download it NOW!
The link is: https://www.specnext.com/latestdistro/
Backer 423 @ 37% funded, 10th hour. Base version. Shipping nr. 533. Received February 19, 2020.
Backer 1027 @ 141% funded, 10th minute.

Original 48K (issue 4b) with IF1, two microdrives and vDrive.
---
ZX Spectrum Next glossary