ZX Spectrum Next - Kickstarter 2 finished!

All the latest updates about the ZX Spectrum Next, Website and Forum News
mitja_i

ZX Spectrum Next - Kickstarter 2 finished!

Postby mitja_i » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:16 pm

ZX Spectrum Next - Kickstarter 2 results:
5,234 backers
£1,846,756 pledged
Backer 423 @ 37% funded, 10th hour. Base version. Shipping nr. 533. Received February 19, 2020.
Backer 1027 @ 141% funded, 10th minute.

Original 48K (issue 4b) with IF1, two microdrives and vDrive.
---
ZX Spectrum Next glossary

robpearmain

Re: ZX Spectrum Next - Kickstarter 2 finished!

Postby robpearmain » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:19 pm

Backer 5587 with 7 minutes to go, guess my number must be higher due to cancellations???
Rob Pearmain
Bipboi (Zx Spectrum 48k), Harry Hedgehog (ZX Spectrum [1K]), Luna C (PC), Turbotoons (PC)

ZX Spectrum 48k, +, 128k, previous owner of Next (board), KS1 Next Accelerated, KS2 Next Accelerated

qbert

Postby qbert » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:35 pm

Hello there,

I missed the second Kickstarter campaign... I am desperate about this as I already missed the first one and registered on this forum while waiting for Kickstarter 2 to begin.
How could I order a Spectrum Next on this batch or in a near future ?

Will listen to any offer.

Austin_yeahbaby

Postby Austin_yeahbaby » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:03 pm

Is there an official waitlist for those who missed the Kickstarter 2 campaign. I’m sure some people will drop out along the way so just wanted to find out how I get in line .

Thanks

Alcoholics Anonymous

Postby Alcoholics Anonymous » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:04 pm

Like the first KS there will be a short time when additional orders will be taken at the store before parts are ordered. Once the orders are placed there is no way to add more and get in on volume discounting. This would be in the coming weeks (maybe months).

There are always extras made to cover unworking units and if there are some around after the units are delivered, then those will likely be sold through the store like last time. There weren't that many available after the first KS and they sold out in minutes. This would be some time after delivery starts.

People have already committed their money as it was transferred at the end of the KS. Anyone who decides to drop out would have to privately sell their pledge so that is a transaction between individuals.

Besides these options (and ebay) there are clone boards coming and compatible fpga systems that can run most features of the Next. If you're going the compatible system route then make sure the list of features you want are supported. Things that might not be there that come to mind include the pi zero, two nmi buttons (multiface and divmmc), joysticks with output (for sega and serial), esp wifi, rtc, expansion bus, hdmi and physical sd card interface. For example, the mister will get a Next core eventually but it will need a special memory hat that has sram on it and some programs may require direct access to the sd card slot (which may hurt its usability to some level -- I am not sure as I don't own a mister) as the sd emulated through the arm is too slow for streamed access that a small number of Next programs will use.