UPDATE #12 Production latest, parts issues, games, apps: It's a new (and BIG) update!

All the latest updates about the ZX Spectrum Next, Website and Forum News
mitja_i

UPDATE #12 Production latest, parts issues, games, apps: It's a new (and BIG) update!

Postby mitja_i » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:44 am

Backer 423 @ 37% funded, 10th hour. Base version. Shipping nr. 533. Received February 19, 2020.
Backer 1027 @ 141% funded, 10th minute.

Original 48K (issue 4b) with IF1, two microdrives and vDrive.
---
ZX Spectrum Next glossary

PaddyC13

Re: UPDATE #12 Production latest, parts issues, games, apps: It's a new (and BIG) update!

Postby PaddyC13 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:47 am

Thank you for the latest update - it is very much appreciated.

Personally speaking, I totally agree with the approach of "Quality First" and delay that may be caused in following this. All I would ask is a regular update (they do not have to be as detailed as before) even if it is basically "no news".

Kind regards

Paddy
UK

luisotaviolj

Re: UPDATE #12 Production latest, parts issues, games, apps: It's a new (and BIG) update!

Postby luisotaviolj » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:03 pm

There is no update to the project status? I remember they informed you in the last update that updates would be more frequent from then on.

Alcoholics Anonymous

Postby Alcoholics Anonymous » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:43 pm

The mini updates occur on facebook as was communicated in the last update; so far there have been two. KS updates are larger summaries that will occur at approx the same frequency.

PaddyC13

Postby PaddyC13 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:45 pm

Hi AA,

Facebook updates are of little use to those of us who do not subscribe to it. Surely, a quick update could be posted on here each time? Having lost my money on the ill fated Vega I am a we bit sensitive this time around.

P.S. I realise that the Next and Vega projects are not related.

Kind regards

Paddy
UK

Alcoholics Anonymous

Postby Alcoholics Anonymous » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:54 am

It is an open facebook group so can be read by the general public without a facebook account or becoming a member of the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/specnex ... 110508271/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/specnex ... 338408948/

CraigC1

Postby CraigC1 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:31 pm

Hi Paddy... I got the ZX Next 2 on order as well, bought from the shop when they had a few extras up for grabs. I really hope the delay in production isn't too long and delivery is this side of Xmas.

If you aren't already aware... there is a guy on Youtube...goes by the name 'NERD ATTIC' If you search him, he does update videos every month on the latest developments for the ZX NEXT 2. That might help a little to put your mind at ease with the delays.

hope that is useful for you and anyone else wanting at least some further update info. Hope the production team update us all soon on the website also... that would be nice.

catch u later

Craig

Alcoholics Anonymous

Postby Alcoholics Anonymous » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Update #13 is out https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sp ... ts/3278327
Mitja can make a separate thread when he comes on; save any comments for the new thread or ks page.