Hey from NE_UK (South Shields)

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
ccorkin

Hey from NE_UK (South Shields)

Postby ccorkin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 pm

:geek: Afternoon fellow Spectonians.

Devoted original 48k speccy user here... unfortunately missed the KS boat for a Spectrum Next... hopefully the talented team behind the Next will consider a new run at some point :P

I look forward to hopefully contributing to this exciting community.

Cheers Chris.

stephenvalente

Re: Hey from NE_UK (South Shields)

Postby stephenvalente » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:08 am

Welcome. I'm from South Shields, but have lived in Kent for 25 years now! (which I've just realised!)

I had the Spectrum 48k+ originally, but have a "few" rubber keyed models now too.

ccorkin

Postby ccorkin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:04 pm

Evening Stephen and fellow Shields-ite!

It's a small world...although time has somewhat changed since you were in Sunny Shields (25 years ago....and not for the best!!).

I still have my first Spectrum 48k from 1985..I was 12...it's still a joy to use and play, although it now has had a servicing 'under the hood' with a full recapping and the RF tuner to Comp Mod...as well as a 'face lift' with a new shell, membrane and of course fresh new rubber keys from those cool guys at 'zxrenew.co.uk'.

I still have a (now very old) - Alba cassette player..which still plays the few remaining cassettes I still own and still work most of the time :D (Manic Miner, Lunar Jetman, Nether Earth)...unfortunately the Sony Trinitron CRT left this mortal-coil a few years back so now I'm transcoding the Speccy onto my LED Tv..it's not for the purest's but it is still look brilliant in all of its humble glory!!!

Have a great week, best wishes Chris. :ugeek:
Last edited by ccorkin on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ccorkin

Postby ccorkin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:05 pm

stephenvalente wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:08 am
Welcome. I'm from South Shields, but have lived in Kent for 25 years now! (which I've just realised!)

I had the Spectrum 48k+ originally, but have a "few" rubber keyed models now too.
Evening Stephen and fellow Shields-ite!

It's a small world...although time has somewhat changed since you were in Sunny Shields (25 years ago....and not for the best!!).

I still have my first Spectrum 48k from 1985..I was 12...it's still a joy to use and play, although it now has had a servicing 'under the hood' with a full recapping and the RF tuner to Comp Mod...as well as a 'face lift' with a new shell, membrane and of course fresh new rubber keys from those cool guys at 'zxrenew.co.uk'.

I still have a (now very old) - Alba cassette player..which still plays the few remaining cassettes I still own and still work most of the time :D (Manic Miner, Lunar Jetman, Nether Earth)...unfortunately the Sony Trinitron CRT left this mortal-coil a few years back so now I'm transcoding the Speccy onto my LED Tv..it's not for the purest's but it is still look brilliant in all of its humble glory!!!

Have a great week, best wishes Chris. :ugeek:

stephenvalente

Postby stephenvalente » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:43 pm

I've got a few machines that need attention, mainly membranes, recapping, etc. Couple that need cosmetic work. Going to stick a duff 48k and a ZX81 in a display case eventually. I might even get around to sorting out my Next bare board eventually once I've had a bit of soldering practice!

May be up next month to see my Dad & sister. The high street looks a sad place these days, but the coast will always be the same, and I've seen more of it now I'm older than I ever did as a kid.