Hello from Washington State

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
topsock

Hello from Washington State

Postby topsock » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:11 pm

Just found this while researching. I missed the kick-starter and curious if there will be another or up for sale again. Would be nice to add to my little collection. Thinking about adding a zx-80 minstrel and this NEXT as I don't want to take a chance on a zx-80 or Spectrum from eBay. Current owner of: zx-81, ts-1000, ts-1500, ts-2068

Hello All!

sol_hsa

Re: Hello from Washington State

Postby sol_hsa » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:49 am

When the nexts ship (current estimate June/July) there's bound to be a bunch on eBay. Next boards also pop up there every now and then, if you want to get your hands on one earlier.

Ped7g

Postby Ped7g » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:18 am

And there's the decision to run second kickstarter to just produce another batch of the cased units - after the current KS is finalized and everything is shipped and done. I.e. hopefully around that June/July they will start to prepare for second campaign (this time without any serious research/development, just re-using everything from current run), although that may take multiple months/year until the final unit from second batch will materialize in someone's hands. So looking out for some at eBay is faster option. :)

sol_hsa

Postby sol_hsa » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:47 pm

I probably should have opted to get the board too, not that I have had a lot of time to do speccy stuff while waiting for the next to ship.. =)

topsock

Postby topsock » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:13 pm

Well I will keep an eye on eBay but I’d rather they do another Kickstarter for additional units. Will just wait and see then. Thanks for the replies!