Howdy from the cornfields of Central Indiana

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
Mati

Howdy from the cornfields of Central Indiana

Postby Mati » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:54 am

I've been fascinated by all the British micros for nearly a decade now, so I'm very excited to finally own one. Thank you Spectrum Next team!

I'm part of the museum staff at our annual classic gaming convention called Midwest Gaming Classic (Milwaukee, WI) where part of my job is to supply my MSX2+ and X68000 (along with many game consoles) so that attendees can play on these wonderful computers. My dream is to see that people can have a real hardware experience in this climate of inflated prices. Thank you for accepting me into this community.

Alcoholics Anonymous

Re: Howdy from the cornfields of Central Indiana

Postby Alcoholics Anonymous » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:58 am

Welcome. Did you get the board only or are you waiting for a cased next?

Mati

Postby Mati » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:06 pm

I got the Next w/ case. Waiting patiently.

Eratosthenes

Postby Eratosthenes » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:15 pm

Hi Mati,

nice to read you.

My experience with British computers is a bit different. I've owned Sinclair computers for the last 4 decades.
Not living in England owning a Sinclair Computer was somehow even more strange then owning a computer at all at that time!

But I'm also looking forward to get my fully assembled next in a similar way as you do.

=> Have a lot of fun. It's nice to see that even People like you are interested in stuff like the ZX Spectrum Next.

MfL
der Eratosthenes

P.S.: By the way I like the area you come from. - Do you know about "american sport bikes"? (Nobody knows what THIS is... :D )
It's is one of my passions.

Mati

Postby Mati » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:40 am

Eratosthenes, I am not familiar with "American Sport Bikes" unless you're referring to high end racing motorcycles. :)

Thank you, all, for the kind words. Growing up I had both Sega and Nintendo consoles but my parents never did have the money to get me a computer. My dream machine was an Amiga after playing on one in a Software Etc. in a mall down on the East side of Indianapolis. Those high res graphics blew me away. Though I never did acquire an Amiga it'll be nice to add a supped-up Spectrum alongside the MSX2+ and X68000 Expert HD.

varmfskii

Postby varmfskii » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:40 pm

Welcome. Another "Yank" here, currently in Georgia. My Family's first computer was a ZX-81 (not a TS1000!), we moved on to an Adam, then on to a Color Computer 2, then 3, then a second hand Amiga 1000 and an A1200. The Amigas were great. I have already had some fun figuring out and programming the ZX Spectrum Next. I hope it as great for you as it has already been for me.
Backer #2741 - TS2068, Byte, ZX Evolution

jburrell7

Postby jburrell7 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:09 pm

Hello! I, too, am a former ZX-81 user. I bought mine when I was stationed in the UK just after the little doorstop was released. I have many fine memories of that machine - though RAM pack wobble cost me more time than I would care to remember. I am very much looking forward to seeing where this machine goes from here.