Hello from Sudbury Ontario Canada ALSO can I have one?

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
Tim from Canada

Hello from Sudbury Ontario Canada ALSO can I have one?

Postby Tim from Canada » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:02 pm

Hello all, recent Spectrum fan after learning of its existence from the Nostalgia Nerd YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/nostalgianerdvideos

Just wondering when the next round of ZX Spectrum Next machines become available do they ship overseas specifically to Canada?

Alternatively does anyone make a ZX Spectrum USB keyboard modeled after the large keyboard used on the Next. So far all I have found is the little Blue tooth one

Thank you

Ped7g

Re: Hello from Sudbury Ontario Canada ALSO can I have one?

Postby Ped7g » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:10 pm

There will be second Kickstarter campaign to produce more units (there will be no regular production, the KS is used as sort of pre-order way of production, as long as the demand will be big enough to make the costs of production reasonable, i.e. thousand+(s) of units). Probably not sooner than end of March, may be later. You can bet it will be promoted heavily, so if you keep checking this forum or FB group or specnext.com site once in few weeks, you can't miss it.

Delivery to Canada: first KS is delivering Nexts to Canada right now, so I guess that's yes.

No idea about keyboard, but if you mean the key-caps themselves, they are kinda almost-same as original Spectrum+ (with completely different mechanics beneath, Next is modern "butterfly" like regular notebook, but using 2-layer membrane) ...so I guess if somebody did want to produce keyboard like Spectrum+, they would be already doing it, because there was no need to wait for Next to have the inspiration for design.

MtM

Re: Hello from Sudbury Ontario Canada ALSO can I have one?

Postby MtM » Mon May 04, 2020 8:25 am

Tim from Canada wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:02 pm
Hello all, recent Spectrum fan after learning of its existence from the Nostalgia Nerd YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/nostalgianerdvideos

Just wondering when the next round of ZX Spectrum Next machines become available do they ship overseas specifically to Canada?

Alternatively does anyone make a ZX Spectrum USB keyboard modeled after the large keyboard used on the Next. So far all I have found is the little Blue tooth one

Thank you
Tim,

Pitter patter!

I have to ask, are you a Letterkenny fan?

Hard yes / Hard no?

I love the show!