HI From The UK.

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
feanor1999

HI From The UK.

Postby feanor1999 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:49 am

Hi All...

I’m Stu, known as Feanor.

I’ve an accelerated Next and I’d like to say hi and how lucky are we all ? I was there back in the day at the birth of the ZX-80, and all the way up to the end of things. I had an issue 3 ‘dead flesh’ Spectrum, WHSmith Datacorder and all the main accessories of the day, (Kempston sticks, etc) most of which i still have. I sold my Spectrum and Library of Alexander scale original software collection for an Atari 520 STFM back in the day (which i still have, and still works) I really wish I hadn’t now of course, but i wanted to move on to some Amiga-busting 16 bit action back in the day. And I hated anything Commodore or related. I upgraded the STFM up to a Meg as you did because of one program-Wonderland and its multi tasking gameplay. But I regret not having my Spectrum. My friend who i sold it too died a few years ago, but his widow sold everything on and some of you may even own one of my originals. Which is amazing to think about.

I was really excited to learn of the Next, as then via SD Card i now have access to the whole spectrum Universe once again. And we have so many Classics Like R-Type, Ghosts and Goblins, Outrun, Enduro Racer Commando and all those top of the Line Ultimate Play the Game Classics too. And Head over Heels, Batman, so on and so forth. I’m still a massive fan of Piman, and have all Mel Crouchers books and music. Deus Ex Machina is still a top three concept and program to me. The Next represents that brilliant formative era, from typing in frogger to a 16 K ZX81 with ram pack wobble issues, thru Ultimate play the game to the 16 bit era. It’s helped me crush modern platform games and shoot-em ups thru the power of learning to play Jet Set Willy to pixel-perfect perfection. I cant wait to re-acquaint myself with it all again.

See you all around.

Timbucus

Re: HI From The UK.

Postby Timbucus » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:19 pm

Welcome and glad to see you back onboard the Spectrum!
I'm Infinite Imaginations when not in work... PAWS for thought.

feanor1999

Re: HI From The UK.

Postby feanor1999 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:33 pm

Cheers !