Hello from Eindhoven The Netherlands

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
Flywheel

Hello from Eindhoven The Netherlands

Postby Flywheel » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi all Spectrum fans!

The ZX Spectrum 48K rubber keys edition was my first computer. I remember spending many days (and more nights) playing games or trying to copy them to increase my collection. By the way I investigated many home computers before deciding to buy the Spectrum on my very limited student budget. So not the Dragon, Apple 2 or C64, although later a company gave me a C64 to experiment with.
I started writing my own software but same as many others it never came to anything good. My respect to the people that do manage!

Examples of my favorite ZX Spectrum games are Battle of Brittain, The Hobbit, Valhalla, Lords of Midnight, Frogger and Ghosts and Goblins.

Some years after my graduation I moved to other computers and the Spectrum was more or less forgotten.
In 2010 I revived my interest in these wonderful machines and started collecting them. Just in time as well as prices went up and the numbers of defective machines went up. I learned how to fix the ZX80, Z81 and multiple types of ZX Spectrums. I got (only) one ZX80 and managed to fix it, I have many ZX81's including lots of variants and I can fully upgrade them and repair them. And yes I managed to get my hands on most of the the ZX Spectrum variants, from 16K to the Spectrum 3. Even got a QL and a Z88 somewhere...

So when the Kickstarter campaign started I just had to get a Spectrum Next. But this time I intend to finish the two (starting with one) games ideas I was planning for the QL or 128K Spectrum. I started right away when I received my ZX Next.
If you are interested let me know. The first game is an SF game and the second idea is an adventure along Valhalla terms.
My graphics skills are not so good, but we will see.

Flywheel

DanyPPC

Re: Hello from Eindhoven The Netherlands

Postby DanyPPC » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:48 pm

You are welcome !

Timbucus

Re: Hello from Eindhoven The Netherlands

Postby Timbucus » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:52 pm

Looking forward to seeing what you are writing - welcome to the Forum.
I'm Infinite Imaginations when not in work... PAWS for thought.