Sebastian from Sweden

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
sebber

Sebastian from Sweden

Postby sebber » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:26 pm

Hey all!

I'm Sebastian, an early 30's software developer from Sweden at the moment focused on web development and mobile apps while continuously trying out some game dev things on the side. Grew up having a ZX81 around, but with my older brothers having other more "cool" stuff like a C64, Amigas and then getting into PC gaming, it didn't see much action sadly. With my early childhood nostalgia growing a fascination with 80's computers I just had to back the Issue 2 campaign when I saw it. Feels like the improvements made with the Next changes everything usability wise and opens up basically endless possibilities!

At the moment in wake of the successful KS campaign and anticipation for the delivery I'm literally drooling over all overviews, demos and tutorials I can find of the first issue over on youtube and I love all the enthusiasm by all users I've seen.

I hope to learn more about the network capabilities the Next bring, perhaps to look into how to do cool social stuff with the machine or some kind of multiplayer gaming. A guy can dream right? :lol:

mitja_i

Re: Sebastian from Sweden

Postby mitja_i » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:36 pm

Hello Sebastian! Welcome to the forum!
Backer 423 @ 37% funded, 10th hour. Base version. Shipping nr. 533. Received February 19, 2020.
Backer 1027 @ 141% funded, 10th minute.

Original 48K (issue 4b) with IF1, two microdrives and vDrive.
---
ZX Spectrum Next glossary

Timbucus

Re: Sebastian from Sweden

Postby Timbucus » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:54 pm

Welcome to the community and it should not be a dream to get the networking going - there are a few people playing with the facilities and all the help we can get is welcome. I am currently working on the BASIC driver again so we should have more support soon.
I'm Infinite Imaginations when not in work... PAWS for thought.