Hello from Newcastle UK

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
Gotang

Hello from Newcastle UK

Postby Gotang » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:03 pm

Hi thanks for letting me join the forum.
bit late to the party mist both the kickstarters grrrrr but going to go down a diffrent route.
So not wanting to miss out on all the fun I'm building my next from scratch have ordered the clone board and will be Makeing a case from parts in the house and my 3d printer thanks to lockdown.
I will post my progress pictures and the finished frankensein next lol
If anyone has a list of the jumpers on the board this will be really helpfull, eg is there a jumper for led power and a sd card access led, would be a great start and also on the real machine there seems to be a daughter board with the sd card and drive buttons etc can you buy them any where?
A little about me my first computer I bought with the help of my gran with my paper round was the 48k spectrum.
I was I think 12 to 14 can't remember my fav games on the system where things like, manic minor knight lore saber wolf all the classics.
Feel free to say a hello so far got to say the community is so friendly and helpfull bit change from the toxic amiga community.

Regards
Gotang Dave

Timbucus

Re: Hello from Newcastle UK

Postby Timbucus » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:35 pm

Welcome to the forum - I have not been around for a while (actually the best bit about forums is the slower pace of life) due to other projects but, good to see new joins to the community . I am sure you will enjoy the build and then the final system.
I'm Infinite Imaginations when not in work... PAWS for thought.

Doudar

Re: Hello from Newcastle UK

Postby Doudar » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:09 am

Hi Gotang, was wondering if you ever went to the Newcastle Computer Club ran by Dave Hood at the Science Museum back in the Mid/Late 80's?
John D
Strangely strange yet oddly normal.
There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7k3it ... erJOgszubw

http://img.gg/7h8aNvD