Phoebus Dokos (The SMoG)

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
TheSMoG

Phoebus Dokos (The SMoG)

Postby TheSMoG » Mon May 29, 2017 5:28 pm

Hello to one and all,
here's Phoebus greeting (currently) from Sofia, Bulgaria, but also the USA and Greece...complicated I know.
Got my first computer in 81 and it was (yes you guessed it) a ZX 81, Next stop was a Spectrum which quickly got upgraded to + and then a QL.
It's the Sinclair computers that got me into IT at an early age, and that's where I remain, although you'll some artistic stuff popping up with me at the helm around the net occasionally. Pay no attention to that :)
I've traded on Sinclairs for a little while (while I was in the USA) professionally and have released a couple of QL Games plus an IF compilation for the same machine and I'm looking forward to doing this with the Next.
I've been following the Next closely for about a year now and I have to admit I'm a bit excited about the machine... a bit meaning that's what my programming concentrates nowadays other than my business work.
Looking forward to meeting you all and making this an amazing community... most of all let's move the Speccy into the 21st century :)
Cheers!
Phoebus R. Dokos
ZX Spectrum Next Manual author/editor
TBBlue Distribution Maintainer Latest images & TBBlue git repo on gitlab.com
WASP/ZXnextHUB Member
All Sinclairs All The Time :D :lol:

Lady Eklipse

Re: Phoebus Dokos (The SMoG)

Postby Lady Eklipse » Mon May 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Nice to meet you, Phoebus!
Very exciting story, it's great to meet a person who was into Sinclair stuff for so long and released software back when the hardware was modern :)
And about QL stuff, you don't meet a QL Games programmer every day!
ZX Pokemaster - file sorting/renaming and cheat files (.POK) management tool for ZX Spectrum.

Kitty

Re: Phoebus Dokos (The SMoG)

Postby Kitty » Mon May 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Boo! Nice to see you here ;)
www.vintageisthenewold.com #1 For Latest Retro Gaming News!