from Japan

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
varmfskii

Re: from Japan

Postby varmfskii » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:47 pm

Black_Cat wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:43 pm
In ZX Next, you don't need to use the SounDriveTM ports at #F1, #F3, #F9. ...
It is my sincere hope that people (you) will figure out that at this point, what ports are used on machines evolved from Soviet Spectrum clones has essentially NO bearing on the ZX Spectrum Next.

In other words stop your pointless whining about how that ZX Spectrum Next does things differently from the way things have been done in in the former Soviet Union. Nobody wants to hear it.

Repeat after me: Different is not wrong. Different is not worse. Different is only different

This may sound a bit abrupt and closed minded, but 1) The time for changes in port addresses has passed, the manual is completed and being printed. 2) Your previous attitude and demeanor has completely wiped out any good will that you (personally) had with members of this forum.
Backer #2741 - TS2068, Byte, ZX Evolution

Black_Cat

Postby Black_Cat » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:34 am

varmfskii wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:47 pm
Black_Cat wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:43 pm
In ZX Next, you don't need to use the SounDriveTM ports at #F1, #F3, #F9. ...
It is my sincere hope that people (you) will figure out that at this point, what ports are used on machines evolved from Soviet Spectrum clones has essentially NO bearing on the ZX Spectrum Next.

In other words stop your pointless whining about how that ZX Spectrum Next does things differently from the way things have been done in in the former Soviet Union. Nobody wants to hear it.

Repeat after me: Different is not wrong. Different is not worse. Different is only different

This may sound a bit abrupt and closed minded, but 1) The time for changes in port addresses has passed, the manual is completed and being printed. 2) Your previous attitude and demeanor has completely wiped out any good will that you (personally) had with members of this forum.
Don't worry, my information is only for those who want to get knowledge :) . Others may remain in their usual ignorance :) .

varmfskii

Postby varmfskii » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:13 pm

You misunderstand me. If/when I write code for machines like the ZX Evolution, I want to know all about how things are done there. When I write code for the ZX Next, I only care about how things are done on the ZX Next. The level of compatibility between the two sets of machines is simply too low. If I want to write for a common denominator, I am down to a fairly restricted machine.

Certain ports that work on the ZX Next don't work on the Soviet machines. So what! It doesn't matter and is only a distraction.
Backer #2741 - TS2068, Byte, ZX Evolution