AEON (Chris Vlamis)

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
AEON

AEON (Chris Vlamis)

Postby AEON » Mon May 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Greetings to all,

First of all allow me to extend my warmest congratulations on this wonderful endeavor that is called "Spectrum Next". I backed wholeheartedly and I'm certain that I won't regret it.

I'm a Senior Software Engineer at a multinational company, creator of the largest Greek Retro community (www.retromaniax.gr) and have been meddling with 8bit machines ever since '83, being both the lucky owner of a Speccy and a C64 throughout the decade. An avid gamer and collector, I have gathered a huge library over the years and, needless to say, have had my humble programming beginnings by learning BASIC in these wonderful 2 machines.

Nowadays I'm learning as a hobby (or should I say suppressed nerd passion) how to code in assembly for C64. Spectrum Next might prove just the ideal platform to expand this knowledge over to Z80..and who knows where this will lead. :)

P.S.: My Warlordian salutations to my fellow metal brother and compatriot (and as it seems fellow 8-bit nerd too) Phoebus Dokos (ta espasan oi Cirith prox8es). Nice meeting you here as well!
Last edited by AEON on Mon May 29, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSMoG

Re: AEON (Chris Vlamis)

Postby TheSMoG » Mon May 29, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi Chris,
I'm so happy to have you among our ranks; great to learn you're the guy behind retromaniax :) As you will soon find out I wear many hats, one of which is writing for Retro Planet (which has an exclusive on Spectrum Next on June issue :) ) .

P.S. Don't remind me about Cirith Ungol, I was supposed to be on UTH but life had other plans :(
Phoebus R. Dokos
ZX Spectrum Next Manual author/editor
TBBlue Distribution Maintainer Latest images & TBBlue git repo on gitlab.com
WASP/ZXnextHUB Member
All Sinclairs All The Time :D :lol: