Hello from NW UK!

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
R-Tape

Hello from NW UK!

Postby R-Tape » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:13 am

Hello! Dave here.

First time caller, long time listener.

Although the Amiga was the first computer I was able to call my own, I have the fondest memories of messing about with my older brother's 48k. I remember playing Microbot for an inordinate amount of time, perhaps because it was the only tape I could get to load. Manic Miner is of course, my favourite game of all time.

These days it's modern homebrew software that tickles my fancy, and I'm a reasonable z80 coder with a few games of my own under my belt. I hosted the 2013 Comp Sys Sinclar Crap games competition but have since recovered.

I backed the Next mainly to get some real hardware that I can plug in without worrying about the ULA fading or the thing exploding. I'm not so interested in the advanced features but I'm sure I will come to use them.

Looking forward to seeing the new software that the Next will inspire. Starting with SQIJ reloaded, which I believe was seeded in this very forum!

x24b

Re: Hello from NW UK!

Postby x24b » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:22 pm

Great to see you here. Welcome home.
I'm amazed watching all of the progress snippets of future "Next Programs" on the facebook forum. I'm hoping the Lemmings program is made available. I'll pay for that one!
Backer №2590 ZX Spectrum Next
Backer №372 Crash!
Order №544 Accelerated ZX Spectrum Next

SamusDrake

Postby SamusDrake » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:08 pm

Hello Dave!

You must have had a cracking time with the Amiga. Beast of a machine. ^_^

R-Tape

Postby R-Tape » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Cheers fellas.

Aye the Amiga's great, many happy hours whiled away playing Xenon, Xenon2 (all the way through, full volume, full pokes), Stunt Car Racer, Rainbow Islands, Bubble Bobble etc

I also loved Future Wars but was hopeless at it, had to keep going back to the shop for hints.

Still got my Miggy but the disc drive needs fixing :-(

Shaun_B

Postby Shaun_B » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi R-Tape,

I remember reviewing some of your games and was a one-time high score champion on one of them I think (Bauble Blast?).

Regards,

Shaun

R-Tape

Postby R-Tape » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:14 am

Hi Shaun,

How could I ever forget you! http://csscgc2013.blogspot.co.uk/search ... Bebbington

Dave

Bleugh

Postby Bleugh » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:19 pm

Morning!, hello from another NW!!
Backer 331 - The full monty and a PCB

Shaun_B

Postby Shaun_B » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Hey R-Tape, I was just looking at my past achievements today. Thanks for the reminder.

As I have multiple entries in this years stop-start crap gaming competition (and more than anyone else at the moment I think) I'm actually in danger of winning it. Looking forward to some Next entries (and looking forward to my Next arriving).

I'm actually from the North West myself but I'm living in the Midlands at the moment.

Regards,

Shaun.