Hello from Torquay

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
ProudGeek

Hello from Torquay

Postby ProudGeek » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:44 pm

Hi folks,

So I thought that now I've got the Next board I really should join the forums and introduce myself.

I'm Rob from Torquay (you might see me occasionally comment on the Facebook group, I'm Rob Beard on Facebook). While I was only a Speccy owner for a week (had a +3 to replace a second faulty Atari 65XE, but my dad didn't like the Speccy and replaced it with a CPC464) I've always had a soft spot for the Speccy as a few friends owned them growing up, and my first computer was a ZX81.

I'm really looking forward to playing with the Next (frustratingly I chucked a load of PS/2 keyboards away a couple of months ago and the Spectrum+ I have needs a replacement membrane, and I really don't fancy butchering a semi working Speccy).

Hopefully I'll have everything I need to get going this weekend though, I was telling my youngest daughter (who is 11) all about how great the Speccy was and I think she's interested in having a play, who knows, maybe I might be able to get her to type in some stuff from the Input magazines :-)

Rob

mitja_i

Re: Hello from Torquay

Postby mitja_i » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:23 am

Hi Rob!
Backer 423 @ 37% funded, 10th hour. Base version. Shipping nr. 533. Received February 19, 2020.
Backer 1027 @ 141% funded, 10th minute.

Original 48K (issue 4b) with IF1, two microdrives and vDrive.
---
ZX Spectrum Next glossary

Torrind

Re: Hello from Torquay

Postby Torrind » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:38 am

Hi Rob,

Welcome! You've now overtaken me as the newest forum member! - oooh I feel so old now!

Maybe I'll share my numerous speccy stories with you all one day! :D

Regards,

Darren