Did you miss the Kickstarter? Would you still want a Next? Now you can!

This section is for discussing everything about Next hardware and latest updates.
JoeZX

Re: Spectrum Next post Kickstarter poll

Post by JoeZX » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:41 am

After the Vega+ disaster many people in our countries /Czech republic and Slovakia, ex Czechoslovakia/ do not trust new attempts to re-establish another Spectrum clone and are sceptically and passively waiting for a new platform to succeed /sic/ .. literally waiting for post january 2018 era.

MikeCad

Post by MikeCad » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:39 am

I'm sure that once there is an announcement with regards to new availability of Next's, we can happily throw the news around the world, over all of the usual groups and hopefully get pick up from the online publications etc. My concern is that yes, this is a limited poll targeted towards people on this forum, and on the FB page, and yet given the number of people who have asked about availability (historically) things seem awfully quiet. Perhaps I'm just impatient. Obviously to make things work in the long term there needs to be hundreds of units in batches. At least though when the news drops, people can choose to jump in orwait until the physical product has been unleashed upon the world.
ZX80, ZX81, Spectrum 48K, Spectrum +2, QL, Atari 130XE, Atari ST, Atari Falcon, Acorn A3000..

JoeZX

Post by JoeZX » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:54 am

"Perhaps I'm just impatient."

Dont worry, keep doing your best work. I am talking about the SpecNext on every forum I know, some time later .. maybe .. We will have a new viable Speccy platform .. a pleasure to work with.

yankeerea

Post by yankeerea » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi

I did not managed to get one but would by the acellerated next

edmundmk

Post by edmundmk » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:12 pm

I'm definitely interested in buying a ZX Next Accelerated.

robpearmain

Post by robpearmain » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:03 pm

I have the full January 2018 next ordered, but regret not ordering a board as well, so yes I would love to buy a board as well as my full next
Rob Pearmain
Bipboi (Zx Spectrum 48k), Harry Hedgehog (ZX Spectrum [1K]), Luna C (PC), Turbotoons (PC)

ZX Spectrum 48k, +, 128k, Next (board)

Marck

Post by Marck » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:52 pm

I want to buy two Spectrum Next models. With wifi if possible. Just found out about the Next after the Kickstarter closed 😢

Jakah

Post by Jakah » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:14 pm

An accelerated ZX Spectrum NEXT would be amazing, just gutted I missed the Kickstarter.

Skooby288

Post by Skooby288 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:37 pm

What is the point of doing a kickstarter project raise more than the required funding and not sell it retaildont make sense! Oculus started through kickstarter. They could make huge amounts if the Sinclair spectrum next went retail! But instead scalpers and going to be selling it on eBay for 3 times the kickstart pledge.

CodenameMAT

Post by CodenameMAT » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:56 am

Skooby. To be fair, the Kickstarter raised funds for a production run of the boards, the mould for the case and a production run for the case. Just because the KS raised far more than the team expected doesn't mean they made a ton of profit, it just means they got more backers which means more units to produce.

I, personally, don't think there's a proper retail market for the Next. The board is open source, so I'm sure people will make small runs of those and sell them online (ZX-UNO etc) and they'll almost definitely make some extra cases. I really wouldn't expect to see the Next in retail stores though.

Sorry for sticking my oar in Mike, just wanted to share my opinion!