Did you miss the Kickstarter? Would you still want a Next? Now you can!

This section is for discussing everything about Next hardware and latest updates.
DeltaFront

Re: Did you miss the Kickstarter? Would you still want a Next? Now you can!

Post by DeltaFront » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:48 am

For me Accelerated Next please

ohc_turbo

Post by ohc_turbo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:37 pm

Can anyone confirm that there will be enough supply left after all the kickstarters have their consoles? I'm interested in the full blown console boxed with manual etc. has anyone have an idea of the price of this to non kickstarters. i can't get a definitive date when the next will be out fully finished? nearer the time has anyone though of a deposit system to be made to put our names down

James99

Post by James99 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:45 pm

ohc_turbo wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:37 pm
nearer the time has anyone though of a deposit system to be made to put our names down
A deposit system sounds a good idea perhaps! So they can be sure of people's seriousness for obtaining a Next after the kickstarter backers are supplied with theirs. I would definitely be up for putting a deposit down.

ohc_turbo

Post by ohc_turbo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:03 pm

i do feel that if the people that do want this system "may" be left out and have to buy elsewhere if there is not some security of purchase, take the PS4 pro 500million edition, £360 to buy now over £1000 on certain auction sites as not available from retail outlets. this happens to all limited edition consoles...

Alcoholics Anonymous

Post by Alcoholics Anonymous » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:29 am

The kickstarter produces exactly the number of systems pledged for plus some margin for manufactuer faults. It has already been announced that the intention is to run another kickstarter for a second run.

SinclairSociety

Post by SinclairSociety » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:43 pm

Oh how I hope a 2nd run happens or they make extras to sell outside of kickstarter.
I want to buy the accelerated top of the line all bells and whistles model. :lol:
:P
TJ

Z80_XORcist

Post by Z80_XORcist » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:16 am

I'm very interested in purchasing a Next and willing to pay the full amount in advance if need be.

I've just been having a look at the various pledge options on the Next's kickstarter page and some of them have "Reward No Longer Available". Are the ones without the reward message still available? Can I pledge X amount now and receive a Next? I've never kickstarted anything before so don't know exactly how this all works.

Alcoholics Anonymous

Post by Alcoholics Anonymous » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:28 am

The kickstarter was finished more than a year ago. It raises a pool of money that is used to develop the product and build the machines for backers. There's no extra pool of money or parts to build more units for others wanting them later. For that, more money will be needed up front to buy parts and line up manufacturing. That would have to be done in a second kickstarter which would raise a certain a minimum amount to allow a second run. A possible second kickstarter is not going to happen until the first one is completed.

jvaltane

Post by jvaltane » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:45 am

Accelerated Next with case would be nice.

charon

Post by charon » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:54 pm

I would also like to have a Next, I am a Spectrum fan, the Next logical step is to get one if a new wave is coming...
When is it?