Contagion/Colony 7 Game Problem

Discuss ZX Spectrum Next Games, Tools and more.
Zxspooks

Contagion/Colony 7 Game Problem

Postby Zxspooks » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:11 pm

Hi, Got my pre-order Contagion game today, great fun, but is anyone having the same problem as myself when copying the files from the SD game card to my Next SD card games folder as instructed below, the game crashes to basic, any ideas please, the Colony 7.bas file included works fine when selecting it, its just the Contagion.bas which crashes

the enclosed game instructions to install to sd card reads:

"This software runs on the ZX Spectrum Next home micro.
To run, copy the folder and contents onto your Next's SD Card, then select Grelox Colony 7.bas from the browser.
It is advised that you hard reset your machine before running."

UPDATE solved just needed to have the latest distros update, someone kindly gave me answer as they had same problem, hope this helps anyone with same problem.

alanspec

Re: Contagion/Colony 7 Game Problem

Postby alanspec » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:23 pm

Was gonna say that. I got mine too and no issues - I got caught with that before with a different game and was going to suggest latest firmware.

First game with Speech - and it sounds flippin' awesome :)

Initial hurdle on level 2 - took me a few goes to figure it out....should be good to go now I'm used to the mechanics of it.

Zxspooks

Postby Zxspooks » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:40 pm

Yes its pretty tricky and at first found it annoying I couldn't jump, but a good puzzler game though, i'm currently up to level 5, now have a bit more free time to play it, as have been concentrating trying beat Warhawk to level 20, now I finally done it. and learnt some cool tips to beat level bosses while playing it too, took me while to work them out but still took time to complete it.

alanspec

Postby alanspec » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:08 pm

I've just taken a few minutes to do levels 2 and 3. My initial hatred of the invincible enemies is disappearing now :)

Warhawk is the absolute showcase game for me. Did you apply the patch to it? If not you'll have to do it all over again with correct boss movements: https://www.rustypixels.uk/?page_id=529

Zxspooks

Postby Zxspooks » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:40 pm

Yes did apply patch and made backup of sav file once I finished it 😂 and I agree it a fantastic game, fiendishly fast to, the ships that follow you across and up were a right pain sometimes lol!

PowerfulBadBoy

Postby PowerfulBadBoy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:27 pm

Has anyone got Contagion running on CSpect?

I'm using the OS version that came on the SD card so it should (in theory) be fine but the game hangs on the title screen and doesn't respond to any input. It'll reset fine and I can play colony 7 fine but for some reason the speech seems to give it grief.
The only thing sharper than my katana...
is my tounge.

sunteam

Postby sunteam » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:40 am

Contagion doesn't work on any emulators as far as I'm aware. They always seem to hang on the speech.