Zx Uno . Good interim board?

Everything that is not ZX Spectrum Next goes here. Get ready for the Nostalgia!
Uto

Re: Zx Uno . Good interim board?

Post by Uto » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:48 pm

namco wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:41 pm
Just got myself a ZX Uno as an interim board but cannot seem to get the ZX Spectrum Next core running properly.
Apparently your are missing the SD card required contents. Details on istalling TBBlue firmware in ZX-Uno are in ZX-Uno's FAQ:

http://uto.speccy.org/zxunofaq_en.html#6030

Bear in mind though those instructions are for first core published for ZX-Uno, last version published by Fabio may require different files, but in the end those are the instruccions to make the core run once you have the files.

namco

Post by namco » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Just had another few goes and still haven't gotten much further.

Here is the contents of the SD card at the moment:

Eratosthenes

Post by Eratosthenes » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:57 pm

Hello,

here is what I did to setup the ZX-Uno:
MyOne.jpg
It's a nice device.

Tomorrow I will setup the TBBlue and check if it works as well as the usual 48k/128k does.

Eratosthenes

Post by Eratosthenes » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:21 pm

Hello again,

mine is an UNO 2M VGA and I would like to share infos about "how to run" the Next on this Hardware.
uno.jpg
THNX if anybody has infos...

Uto

Post by Uto » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:14 pm

The Next core does not fit in the ZX-Uno anymore, once the Kickstarter reached the perk for a bigger FPGA, the Next team added more and more features and now it doesn't fit in smaller FPGAs. Of course you can use the old core, but that core is not updated and it's not how Next will be.

Maybe when the Next is released either Victor or Fabio, or a third person (as it'll be open source), can make a "Next Lite" core for smaller FPGA like the ZX-Uno one, removing some of the features, or even two or more differente "Next Lite" cores, every of them missing different features.

Eratosthenes

Post by Eratosthenes » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi Uto,

I'm sure that the ZX-Uno is a great piece of retro computer stuff. I really like my one...

At the moment it's the best ZX Spectrum I have...

P.S.: Have a look at it... :D
Uno21_9.jpg

robuttley

Post by robuttley » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:41 pm

Ha, I was just catching up the forums (been a while since I was here, to my shame) and I saw this.

I bought a 2Mb Uno (with the wifi board I think, I haven't opened it up) from Antonio and I love it. It's an absolutely fabulous piece of kit in it's own right. A rock solid image, lots of other roms in it, a lovely 'bios' type configuration screen (it would be cool to have something more like that on the Next, to be honest) - it's really nice. I'm very glad I bought it.

As a plus, my daughter is crazy for old arcade Pac-Man and so we run the Uno with the Pac-Man rom running into a portrait-orientated 24" LCD monitor with a microswitched Zipstick joystick and some stereo speakers, and quite honestly it's even better than the arcade :-)

stephenvalente

Post by stephenvalente » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Where's the best place to get one, and how much?

antoniovillena

Post by antoniovillena » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:51 pm

stephenvalente wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:24 pm
Where's the best place to get one, and how much?
I have them in my online store:

http://antoniovillena.es

The price is 52 EUR the 512K version and 72 EUR the 2M one. Only board without shipping.
http://antoniovillena.es
http://zxuno.speccy.org
ZX-Uno · FPGA ZX Spectrum clone

Eratosthenes

Post by Eratosthenes » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Although I hate buying from an UNKNOWN I received my board some days ago.

=> Have a look at the (maybe) nicest ZX-Uno alive... :D
BestLookingZXUno.jpg
Although I definitively dislike that He/(She?) didn't tell me it's name, the board is wonderful...
BestLookingZXUno02.jpg
I like that it has an ON/OFF switch and that I diddn't need to cut any holes into my (unused) 48k case...

P.S.: @the unknown seller: Be sure that no other board will be placed in a "more unused" 48k than this one... ;->>>

P^2.S.: THIS is an original (and unused) 48k Spectrum case... Unfortunately the board (Issue 2) was gone. => Now it's a ZX-Uno from an unknown seller from Spain...