Coloured Keyboard Please

Don't be shy, come introduce yourself with the rest of the community
Z80N

Coloured Keyboard Please

Postby Z80N » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:03 pm

I know the manual and SD card are to be coloured on the issue 2 Spectrum Next but wouldn't it be great if the keyboard text was coloured like the original rubber Spectrum. Rick Dickinson actually did do some CAD designs (see attached photos) with such a keyboard for the Next but these never made it on the Issue 1, but it would be great if the team could pull it off with the Issue 2.
Attachments
ZX SPECTRUM NEXT 2.jpg
ZX SPECTRUM NEXT 2.jpg (259.73 KiB) Viewed 1032 times
ZX SPECTRUM NEXT.jpg
ZX SPECTRUM NEXT.jpg (885.72 KiB) Viewed 1037 times
Last edited by Z80N on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alcoholics Anonymous

Re: Coloured Keyboard Please

Postby Alcoholics Anonymous » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:59 am

Yes it looks nice but it was rejected because it was too expensive.

Z80N

Re: Coloured Keyboard Please

Postby Z80N » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:18 pm

Pity, as I find the colours very nostalgic as I'm sure others that started with the original rubber Speccy would, especially when running the Next in 48K mode. I think it would pacify those that like to put their Next in a rubber Spectrum's case.
Actually, since posting, I have noticed some of the colours are not quite right, like on the number keys 8, 9 and 0 the symbols should be red instead of white, and the A, S , D, F and G keys some of the words should be red too, like STOP, NOT, STEP, TO and THEN along with the SYMBOL SHIFT keys. Rick Dickinson must have known this but was probably still experimenting.