Pre-order

All the latest updates about the ZX Spectrum Next, Website and Forum News
mitja_i

Pre-order

Postby mitja_i » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:59 pm

https://www.specnext.com/shop/
Anyone who missed out on backing a ZX Spectrum Next in the last kickstarter, now has a chance of getting one they're back on the shop available as pre-order ( as we still have to know how many want them and make them yet. ) just so you know, they will probably be in the shop until the end of the year.
https://www.specnext.com/shop/
Backer 423 @ 37% funded, 10th hour. Base version. Shipping nr. 533. Received February 19, 2020.
Backer 1027 @ 141% funded, 10th minute.

Original 48K (issue 4b) with IF1, two microdrives and vDrive.
---
ZX Spectrum Next glossary

catkins

Re: Pre-order

Postby catkins » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:35 am

I'm wondering when my Spectrum Next is coming through the post its was due this August 2021 . I order in November 2020
I email my invoice email and they said is was due to chip shortages so the delay, so can anyone tell when the delivery could happen please.

Alcoholics Anonymous

Re: Pre-order

Postby Alcoholics Anonymous » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:47 pm

The shop orders are together with the kickstarter orders and all news about production is available through the kickstarter site. The news section of this forum also has links to individual ks updates. The latest is update #13 from August. A new one should be coming in the next week or two.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2012

Chip shortages are the main problem and the team is looking at producing the machine itself in China to get around the shortages as the parts are still available in Asia at higher cost but the lower assembly cost in China keeps the machine on budget. The next update will have more information about production, something not completely known today.